A collection of raw funk grooves and Arabic percussion instruments. A unique sounding drum library, which pays homage to those rare and sort after Habibi Funk records.
Instead of using more conventional recording methods, the drums were captured using 4 microphones, strategically placed around the drum kit. Each microphone captures the sound of the kit as one instrument, allowing you to use a single microphone as your sound, or blend two or more microphones to tonally shape the sound you want. The drums were recorded with two Sony C38b condenser microphones, and two Coles 4038 ribbon microphones. Percussion including darabuka's, a mizhar drum, bells and finger cymbals were captured with a Sony C38b condenser microphone.
This pack includes 315 drum kit and percussion, drum only and percussion only loops taken from the 'Habibi Sunrise' multi-track performances. These sounds have been edited and mixed into four bar loops for a quick creative flow.
- 1964 Ludwig Club Date Drum Kit
- 60's Slingerland Snare
- 90's Ludwig 400 Snare
- Vintage and Modern Zildjian Cymbals
- Meinl Darabuka's
- Meinl Mizhar
- Meinl Tambourine
- Bells/Finger Cymbals
- Coles 4038 Front - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Coles 4038 Behind - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Sony C38b front - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Sony C38b behind - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Percussion - Sony C38b - BAE 1073MPL - Otari MX5050 Tape
- BAE 10DC compressors
- Hairball Audio 1176 compressors
- Kush Audio Clariphonic
- WAV file
- 610.6 MB download