Monosole Music presents the Stem Mixes from Drum Library Volume 4 'Afro Beast' A collection of 12 Afrobeat inspired grooves and African percussion instruments, which pays homage to classic 70's Afrobeat rhythms.
Recorded in a large studio, the sound of Afro Beast utilises this space with the use of room mics, creating an airy sound thats not overly dry. The authentic 'tubby' sounding drums were recorded with a stereo ribbon overhead, and a kick and snare mic. On there own the drums are relatively dry, but combined with the stereo ribbon room mics gives the user the ability to create space and air to the drum sound. The percussion instruments were captured using a ribbon mic, and were performed a few meters from the mic, which captures more of the room sound.
This drum library contains 12 one-three minute long royalty free drum kit and percussion tracks, recorded direct to analogue tape, and mixed using analogue hardware.
The Full Bundle contains:
- Afro Beast / Multi-Track Files
- Afro Beast / Mixes
- Afro Beast/ Loops
- Afro Beast / Hits
- 70's Rogers Starlighter Drum Kit
- 70's Rogers Dynasonic Snare
- 80's Rogers Super 10 Snare
- Vintage and Modern Zildjian Cymbals
- Talking Drum
- Kick drum - Electro-Voice RE20 - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Snare drum - Beyer M88 - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Overhead - AEA R88 - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Room - Coles 4038 - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- Percussion - Coles 4038 - Studer 169 Preamp - Otari MX5050 Tape
- BAE 10DC compressors
- Hairball Audio 1176 compressors
- Kush Audio Clariphonic